I WILL TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THIS PROCESS. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Softmii hacks Requirements:
PAL or NTSC-U Wii [No Others Have Been Tested]
SD Card (of at least 256 MB) [formatted to FAT]
The SoftMii Pack, unpacked to your SD card ROOT
Twilight Princess Retail
Internet Connection For Wii (For Full Set up including downgraders)
FILES YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNGRADE
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO DOWNGRADING AND INSTALLING SOFTMII
[Homebrew channel install with Twilight Hack]
+Copy over the save file for your version of Zelda.
**NOTE If you are on firmware 3.4 ONLY, you must delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before
you copy it over. This ensures you are using the correct version of the hack. You must run Zelda right after you
copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.
+Once the hacked save file is copied over, run Zelda. Talk to the nearby man or walk backwards to initiate
the install of the homebrew channel (which is the boot.dol in the root of your SD card)
Congrats, you should now have Homebrew Channel installed!
*Note* Make sure each step is successful before you move on to the next step. If a step is not successful it may prevent the next steps from working.
[STEP 1] [Perform BOTH these steps if you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 then move on to Step 2]
+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.
+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.
+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.
[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you have completed Step 1 above or if you are on a version below 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]
+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.
[STEP 3] [You should now be on version 3.2 for your region. You’re almost done!]
THIS PART OF THE GUIDE ASSUMES YOU HAVE DONE STEP 1-3 AND HAVE A 3.2 FW HOMEBREW ENABLED CONSOLE…
4) Run HBC (HomeBrew Channel)
5) Select and load AnyRegionChanger M5….it’ll mention about Korean Discs, IGNORE.(Thx 2 Twiizers + Qleap)
6) Get into the options (Press A), and IGNORE the top section which has region change stuff and EULA stuff. just press 1 after you (Press A), then after you see all the option go to the next step…
7) Look at the mid-bottom options, about installing 3.2 (or 3.3K), and leave it on 3.2E for PAL /3.2U for NTSC (it should be your region by default but if its not right it could mess things up so you should make sure if you have a USA wii to have it set to 3.2 united states for example…
Click “GO” when you have set to your consoles region and then answer then answer YES when it asks if you are sure.
9) Answer “NO” when/if it asks about Korean Disc Loading *explained later*
10) Answer “YES” when it asks you to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS. Wait for finish, can take a few minutes. Then press HOME when finished to reboot. OK We should now have a nice 3.2 system installation. Now we can really get going*IF YOUR HAVE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED PRELOADERYOU WILL NEED TO RUN THE HACKS REMOVER FOUND IN THE HOMEBREWCHANNEL.
11) OK now select Pre Loader from the HomeBrew Channel, and wait for it to load
12) The Code To Install is HARDLUMPS (Home, A, Right, Down, Left, Up, Minus, Plus, )IF YOUR SYSTEM DOESNT REBOOT INTO PRELOADER, SIMPLY POWER DOWN AND POWER UP ONCE MORE, BUT AS SOON AS YOU POWER UP, PRESS AND HOLD RESET
13) Highlight Settings and Press A
14) Select “System hacks” ->
15) Select all the hacks you would like, (recommended – Skip Updates, Move Disc Channel and all No Copy)
16) Select “save settings” and wait for confirmation message to display “Settings Saved”
17) Press B
18) Select “auto boot: Systemic” (using the D-Pad Arrows), and save settings with A, then Press B
19) Get back to the system menu. By selecting “Load System Menu”
20) Run HBC
21) Run cIOS installer.. It may freeze briefly. ( run CIOSCORPS Thx 2 WiiBlaster + Co…Installer from Me + Ice Fire.)
22) Exit and reboot.29). Launch SoftMii Tweaks, select 42.app for NTSC and 45.app for PAL31) When the installation is complete press Home to return to the Homebrew Channel then Power Down YOU JUST GOT SOFTMII’D
Hope this worked for you. All I ask is if this guide helps you, that you pass it to other people you see struggling getting it working.
here is the link to the UPDATED HACKS.INI
To use preloader HOLD RESET WHILE BOOTING YOUR WII this loads the preloader hack and recovery device! also booting while holding Y on your GC pad boots starfalls recovery device
IF YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDE PROPERLY YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM ENABLING HOMEBREW….DOWNGRADING TO 3.2…INSTALLING SOFTMII w/PRELOADER AND CSM…AND ENJOYING YOUR BACKUPS AS THEY LOAD DIRECTLY FROM THE DISC CHANNEL W/ NO MOD CHIP NEEDED AT ALL!
Full credit for this guide goes to the kind folks @ gbatemp who provided the info within a few threads for me to make my guide to downgrading and installing softmii w/preloader and CSM
the source link is here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 creadit also goes to the many developers of wii homebrew applications like Softmii,starfall, all bushing,waninkoko,wiigator and so many others who make this possible.
BONUS GUIDE: How To Install Wiigators Backup loader for Both Wii and Gamecube Backups Region Free Via the Disk Channel!
Download Backup Loader Gamma from here:
Step 1: Cios Installation via HBC
Load the HBC and start the CIOS Installer IOS249 that comes with the Gamma archive…(Does not requires a network connection so long as the 000001 foler is in the root that should be in the gamma rar linked above step 1) this App will find the files online/or in the root of your SD and both download and install Cios249 patched for the backup loader gamma and GC loader which BOTH require ios249 to run…
Step 2: Extract the files in cMIOS +mios-v8.rar to the root of your mem card
DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?nnz2znjzjmd Next you load up the HBC and Run Waninkoko’s Cmios_rev1 Installer it is automated…when its finished running the patch your wii will be able to run GC backups right from the disc channel using the more recent MIOS 8 instead of Wiigators default MIOS4 or 5
computability remains the same for ether waninkoko’s V8 has MUCH BETTER AUTO DETECTION OF GAMECUBE BOOT TYPE so you never have to set region b4 you boot.
Step 3: Now put either a Wii Game or Game cube Game Backup in your wii and enjoy!...Notice it shows up in disk channel if you have applied all the previously listed softmii csm alpha hacks and will now boot and play all the time right from the disk channel! (optionally you can follow these Same 3 steps and GC/Wii backups will also load via the Gamma loader or any Gamma channel on your wii menu)
UPDATE: SOFTMII 2.0 is Released!
<a href=”http://www.youtube.com/v/YCXpneZ0kRU&rel=0″ target=”_blank”>http://www.youtube.com/v/YCXpneZ0kRU&rel=0</a>
to update your version of softmii simply drag and drop the files in the directory called COPY TO SD
to your SD card obviousley LOL then using the NEW THEME FOLDER FEATURE! you can put any theme you want to flash REMEMBER TO ONLY FLASH THEMES FOR YOUR RESPECTIVE REGIONS!
3.2U users should get NTSC themes
3.2E users should get PAL themes
themes are to be placed in the proper directory or wont be loaded in softmii 2.0 (x representing your SD cards drive letter)
so if you do not have the themes within the SOFTMII directory on the root of your SD card then naturally softmii wont pick them up in the menu
the themes can be found @ www.softmii.org in the THEME section (click the theme tab on the left side of the page when you get to softmii’s website)
DOWNLOAD SOFTMII 2.0 PLUS EXTRAS HERE:[/b][/color] http://www.mediafire.com/?imm4ukkzzm2